Dispelling the Myths: Deaf and Hard of Hearing Trends, on Wednesday, May 2nd 2018, from 9:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Willmar VR office is hosting a free and interactive training about Deaf and Hard of Hearing Services (DHHS). This free training is interactive, allows participants to experience a simulated hearing loss, and provides an overview of hearing loss and its implications. Please see download the brochure HERE for details and registration information.
This scholarship fund is set up by the Minnesota Rehabilitation Association with the vision of helping current and active MRA members access more training opportunities.
Scholarship dollars are available to support MRA or NRA sponsored event/training, or Governmental Affairs event/training. The applicant must meet the criteria listed below. Scholarship recipients represent MRA and its membership and do so in a manner which positively reflects the association.
- Governmental Affairs: NRA Summit
- Governmental Affairs: Local
- NRA Annual Conference
- Must be current PAID MRA member for the last 6 months
- Must hold a leadership position with MRA, NRA or any of its divisions
- Applications (see page 2) must be received at least 45 days prior to the event
- A flyer of the event must be attached to the application form
- Upon completion of the training you must present in writing a brief overview/update from the training for submission in the Spotlight (due within 30 days after event).
- After event, applicant must submit MRA check reimbursement form with receipt to MRA treasurer along with copy of award notification (due within 30 days after event).
*Application does not guarantee funding or total funding coverage. The MRA executive board will review applications and you will be notified as to acceptance and amount of funding as soon as a decision is made.
Liz Jones, MRA Treasurer
Liz Jone & Associates
2489 Rice ST #150, Saint Paul, MN 55113
Phone: 651-497-5312 ~ Fax: 651-481-1131