MASPPR - Minnesota Association of Service Providers in Private Rehabilitation
- We are a great network of professional rehabilitation providers in the Minnesota worker’s compensation system from all corners of the state and we are the largest division of MRA.
- MASPPR leadership works hard to provide excellent content for our conferences every spring and fall. Sessions topics cover many areas of private rehabilitation such as speakers on new medical developments, helpful resources for QRCs or their clients and discussions about rehabilitation practice from the perspectives of other QRCs, attorneys, the Department of Labor and Industry and Insurers.
- Members can accrue CEU's for required national certifications (CRC, CDMS) by attending the spring and fall conferences. At each conference, we hold a division meeting to discuss common concerns and to network. This is held late Thursday afternoon during the Thursday/Friday conference. Information for upcoming conferences should always be available at: Link to Conferences at MRA website
- MASPPR members have worked with other groups to monitor changes in rules and laws that may have an impact on injured workers on rehabilitation practice.
- MASPPR has developed a peer review process that is available to our members
Orientation training sessions -- Feb. 10 and Aug. 24, 2017
The 2017 orientation sessions are for rehabilitation providers seeking basic vocational rehabilitation skills training. The orientation session is required for qualified rehabilitation (QRC) interns, is encourages for QRC intern supervisors and is open to all rehabilitation providers seeking additional training and skills enhancement.
All participants must pre-register; the cost is $75, which includes lunch and materials. Early online registration is encouraged because the sessions are filled on a first-come, first-served basis. CRC/CDMS -- CEUs will be available.
Times, dates, location
The training sessions are from 7:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m., on Friday, Feb. 10 and Thursday, Aug. 24, 2017, at the Department of Labor and Industry, 443 Lafayette Road N., St. Paul, MN 55155 (see maps, get directions).
If you need special accommodations or have questions about the training contact Mike Hill 651-284-5153 or 800-342-5354 ex 5153; or email@example.com.
Also a heads up: The next Rehab Update is scheduled for Sept 18, 2018 at the U of M Continuing Education Center.
For more information about MASPPR, please feel free to contact:
Carol Norris QRC Inc
16526 W. 78th St, #315
Eden Prairie, MN 55346
Sarah Davis, QRC, CRC
Independent Rehab Consultants
PO Box 80835
Minneapolis, MN 55408
**ATTENTION STUDENTS: In order to encourage student participation for area schools with rehabilitation programs, MASPPR will authorize a stipend up to $75 for 10 students from area schools (Mankato, St. Cloud, Stout) to attend the next MRA conference. Each student receiving a stipend will be required to attend the MASPPR Division meeting. Interested students should contact Carol Norris (firstname.lastname@example.org) or John Witzke (email@example.com).